INADEQUATE POLICY COVERAGE: In California there is a minimum requirement that each driver carry liability coverage in the amount of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. This requirement is all TOO LOW. This means that if you or your family get seriously injured in an auto accident the MOST you'll get from the at fault party is $15,000 per person or if more than one person is injured in the auto accident a total of $30,000. Even worse, what if the person who causes the accident doesn't even have insurance at all what do you do?


If you don't have what we call Underinsured or Uninsured coverage you are generally out of luck. Well, you could sue them but if they don't have assets to cover the loss you may just end up with a Judgment/'I owe you'. 


UNDERINSURED/UNINSURED COVERAGE: Every auto insurance carrier in California offers this coverage. In fact, you generally have to sign a notice with the insurance carrier declining the coverage if you don't want to pay extra to have it. I recommend carrying the MAXIMUM amount allowable which is generally $300,000 per person. Why? Because if some low life crashes into you or your family you're still protected and can receive adequate compensation for your damages instead of an 'I owe you'. 

MEDICAL PAY: Most insurance companies offer what we call "no fault medical pay". This is a sum of money payable to you for reimbursement of medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident or injury. It is payable REGARDLESS OF FAULT. So even if you were at fault for the accident the insurance company will tender that money as long as you can show that the injuries came from the accident or loss in question. This money can be tendered quickly so as to immediately relieve an insured of immediate medical bills due now pending settlement. This money can come in handy to cover things such as your ambulance ride or other expenses associated with a traumatic injury. Ask you insurance agent about "Med Pay". I recommend you get it. 


The Law Offices of Matthew M. Vincent

A Professional Law Corporation

41530 Enterprise Circle South, Suite 205

Temecula, CA 92590

(951) 414-1888

(951) 414-1891 (fax)




This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. 


The Law Offices of Matthew M. Vincent, aplc is a personal injury law firm. We serve Murrieta, Temecula, Hemet, Riverside, Canyon Lake, Lake Elsinore, and all communities in the Riverside, San Bernardino and N. San Diego Counties